DualPro charger?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark schafer2

Reaction score
I have a DualPro charger 10x2 Marine and am wondering if there is anyway to test it? I don't have any dead batteries to hook it up to. Is there some other way to check it to make sure it is working properly? Also does anyone have any idea how old this charger is?

Couldn't you use a volt meter to check the leads?

If the sticker paper is still on the power cord, it may have the date it was manufactured printed on it.

HP

It should have a voltage/current sensing circuit that will be a PIA to check with a standard voltmeter. I believe that the back, installed side should also have a sticker, and again a PIA to check. To the point, what are you experiencing that leads you to suspect a faulty charger?

I haven't used it since last year but the last time I plugged it in it didn't charge the batteries and I replaced it. When I plug it in in makes noise like it is charging but no lights come on.

How hard can it be to touch a volt meter to the leads?

You'll find it easier to test on a battery known as good or bad. Hook it to a battery and see if that will complete the circuit, charging and showing lights.

Marty - As a safety feature, most marine charger mfg.'s have used a current sensing circuit that senses voltage to give voltage. You'd have to push power with a good bench multimeter to read as designed. I'm not sure if this applies to the above, but it does to many made in the last decade for this use. At least that's what the techs have told me.

Latest posts

Back