Drilling in the boat

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Laster

Reaction score
I bought a rod organzer for my 882. It requires that I drill into the bottom of the locker. how thick is the bottom of the locker? will it hurt to drill in it? What other options do you suggest for attaching it?

BJ, just drill down until you see water squrting up and then back off about a 1/4 of on inch.

Just kidding, sorry I don't have a clue.

Have a Happy New Year!!!

Harpo

Go Pokes Friday!!

do you think it would be ok to cut a section out of the carpet and glue it down? and then put the carpet back over it. It is a L shaped piece that has to be attached to the bottom of the locker. it is 3 inches wide or so.

BJ -

I put home-made rod organizers in both my boats and anchored them with screws. There isn't any real strain on them so you won't need long ones. I think I used #10 or #8 stainless that were 3/8" long - just enough to go through the carpeting and into the base of the locker/cap.

As always, I coated the threads with silicone to keep the screws from backing out.

me!

There should be a space between the bottom of the rod lockers and the curve of the bottom of the boat. Shouldn't be a problem unless you try to use to long a screw.

BJ- I have an 882 and put the Osprey Rod Organizers in it. I was also afraid to drill since it doesn't seem to be much space. I cut the carpet to the size of the bracket and used epoxy to cement it to the fiberglass. That was a year ago and the rod organizers are still rock solid. Good luck!

Back