Drain Screen

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocky Lohman2

Reaction score
I bought my Pt185 use and the boat came with a drain screen in the drain hole in the livewell. Is that where it goes? Why not over the livewell intake? While 'm asking questions - when I back up my boat using the outboard water spills in through the overflow hole of the livewell. This gets to be a pain in the --- with having to open the lid and dry it out after each trip. I am thinking about a draing plug in the overflow hole in the live well. What do you do? thanks for any input.

I have a 99'PT185 and there is a screen on the drain and the intake (left side below transom). Both are needed to protect the empty/fill valve and pump from getting jammed or plugged. I always get about 1/2 to 1" of water in my livewell also. I assumed it came thru the drain hole so I put a plug in it and still got water, but not as much. Next time out I will check the overflow. You need to get a filter on your intake because the pump and the valve are not easy to get to for service. Carl

Back