DIY Deck Extension '04 PT175

• Thread starter D A [URL]http://willworkforfood.net/~doom/fish/Dec
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D A

Reaction score
Thanks everyone who offered advice/pictures...think maybe I should go into business?

17.jpg

http://willworkforfood.net/~doom/fish/DeckProject/

Nice! I've been thinking about doing that for my '05 PT175. Is the extension a stand-alone, or is it attached somewhere for stability?

because of the 'fit' and the weight...it's very stable without bolting in. Also it isn't marine plywood...so I wouldn't have wanted to mount anything permanently.

Actually I'm not sure the original wood is marine grade plywood. When I took up the front casting deck on my 2003 PT175 to extend it forward it appeared that the wood was standard treated plywood. It was nowhere near the quality or color of the marine grade plywood that bought locally to do my extension. I am leaning toward doing this also, but want to make it waterproof storage at the same time.

The more I asked about marine grade plywood,the more I feel you are better off with regular treated plywood.

Nice job,gave me some good ideas for doing mine.

Steve

I didn't think my instructions were that great.

I didn't think my instructions were that great.

Good job! You'll love it!:wub:

I did this a couple of years ago on my PT 185 with matching factory carpet and 1-1/8" sturdi-board left over from a jobsite. I love it and consider the extension a great addition that should have come as standard on the PT 185 (check out the forward casting platform on the new PT 190). :( Actually, it increases space in the boat - casting platform above and storage below the extension. I also installed a fold-up safety ladder to the stern (60 smackers +/- from BPS).:D

I'll e-mail photos and details of additions to my PT 185 to anyone who might be interested. Incidentally, my PT 185 will be for sale when I receive the title to the Champion this week.:p

Back