Did/Does Skeeter Make Tin Boats

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ethan Book

Reaction score
I found a 17ft aluminum boat on e-bay that is only about 15 minutes away from. They say that it is a Skeeter, and it's on a Skeeter trailer, but there are no markins on the side that would indicate a brand, it's just buffed silver. Also, it has a 75 horse Merc. on the back with the Tracker label. I may go check it out if I can find out more about it's origin and what the deck layout is. From what I can tell from the side views it looks like it has a nice big deck with what could have some good storage. It's a 1999 and they want around $5,500...I wonder if that is a good deal?

The Skeeter tin boats are now owned by G3. I can't remember if they had markings or not? :(

My wife thinks I am crazy but I have kept every Bass Mag since I became a Member to BASS in 89 and a Life member since 90. Anyway, I have a NAFC mag from Feb 1999 and it has the Skeeter SX 17 in it. So yes, Skeeter has made tin. It is 17' in length and has a 72" beam and is rated for a 75 HP motor. Retail back then was $9,995.00

If the Motor looks and runs good and you have a tech look at it and if the Hull isnt all tore up and the trailer dont look bad then I would prob really think about it. 15 mins away? I would have to take it for a spin.. Looking at the pic in the Mag, the layout looks wide open.

Max <><

Can you tell from the picture what kind of storage or by wide open did you me not much storage and deck? Thanks for the great info...by the way, I've only been a member since 2000, but I have all those magazines, plus all 7 years of Fur, Fish, and Game!

How about a pic..

Max <><
Skeeter 17.jpg

Thanks alot for the picture. You're right, it does look pretty wide open as far as fishing space. That is what I like! I'll wait and see what I can find out from the owner about rod storage and stuff and then I may go check it out. We have the biggest lake in the state right by us so I can probably drive it if I would like.

Somthin don't look right about that rig...If I didn't know better, I'd say it has a coat of paint on it. Rivited? Underpowered? Hmmmmmm.......

TOXIC

I'm sure you know but check Nadaguide.com for it's value.Good Luck!

Back