Deckhand anchor winch

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Helscher

Reaction score
If I add a deckhand 25 winch to my 2004 Targa WT, will I have any issues with the cover that i purchased with the boat? There looks like there is enough room for it. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve:D

I got one on the front of my 02' 185 but, it's an 18 and my cover is tight at the corner.

How tight does the cover fit now? I'm not sure but, think they're about the same size.

You can't stretch them much.....

Is that picture in your library showing the front of your boat? I see the winch, but where do you have the anchor davit? I am worried about that more than the winch itself.

Thanks,

Steve

Oh...that's easy. NEVER EVER leave the weight outside like they claim you can!

I always let out line and put it in the rod locker and wrap the lil' bit of excess line around the cleat. No probs;)

I also have my switch right behind my drivers seat so I can anchor by myself when motoring over a spot.

That I understand, but pardon my dumbness, you use the davit? I have heard of bad things happening when traveling with the anchor in the davit. But on the water? I don't want to put a dent of any kind in my boat or scuff the finish.

No I do not...The anchor come loose from the davit one time and that was it for me.

Besides if you damage it..it' won't let out anchor line like it's supposed to.

I stripped the gears completely on mine doing that very thing. Luckily Minn Kota was top notch and sent me a new set;)

Thanks Tee, I think I can deal with the winch and my cover. It will be nice not to have to haul a anchor by hand. Do you still have the narrow anchor line on the winch.

Yep, but I replaced it awhile back. I've lost 4 or 5 anchors since then so don't get anything expensive if you lose the anchor from being hung up. Eventually if you use it enough...you'll lose one.

And I always leave the anchor on the deck before I get ready to set up...no probs.

Back