Deck extension

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim m

Reaction score
I want to make a deck extension for the front of my Nitro....Would i be better to use 3/4 wood or have a fab shop make me one out of Aluminum...I am most concerned of the weight situation...Dont know if it will help or hurt performance....It really isnt a big extension,jst want to take the best route to keep the boat balanced....Any of you have pics then please post them or send them to me...

Ditto above on aluminum. Ones I've made out of aluminum also included an additional seat pole mount to give another position farther back from the bow. Aluminum will provide the strength for this where wood will not last as long. Something to consider when making yours. It's only a small dollar addition to the deck extension.

Dan,How did you mount yours..I know of a fab shop the can do it for me...Do i have them make the lip down with a J type pattern,so at the bottom of the J I can mont it to my existing glass lip around the edges

Aluminum is best. I bought mine from Nitro and it just press fits into the space since there is also a small lip supporting it from below on 3 sides.

The additional seat post mount is also a great idea particularly for a fish n ski like mine. I customized my extension to include a mount. check it out ...
P4110002.jpg
P4110001.jpg

Tim - Which boat the Tracker or the Nitro??

On the Nitro,I am trying to get her ready for spring.....

The best way I can describe mine are like a tiny table. The edge should be slightly overhanging, so when the carpet is glued on after installing the pedestal mount, it will butt flush against the locker doors without being too tight. The front legs toward the bow were a hair shorter than the rear legs to adjust for the taper of the deck floor. Just measure all your distances and be sure to include your aluminum thickness when figuring height/length. The carpet is the last thing to do and it won't affect any measurements enough to be a concern. Using vibration isolators for the feet at the bottom of the legs is a great advantage also. They'll absorb shock from hopping up and off the insert and keep your deck from getting marred. Add them (compressed thickness) to your measurments if you decide to use them. Good luck!

Hey Paul P,

I like your extention, I think it would work great on my 189 Sport.

What did it cost you if you don't mind me asking?

Hi JD

I bought the extension as an extra with my boat from the Nitro Dealer. It cost $225 I think or dsomething in the 200's. I thought it was a lot but after adding the seat post mount, it was well worth the money. Mounting the seat on the extension gives a lot more room on the front deck. The original mount is too close to the bow.

Paul

Thanks Paul, that not a bad price but my ife says she wants a bimini op first because I ain't supposed to be in the sun all day and neither is she. I flip a coin to decide which on to get first. :rolleyes:

Back