Dealer storage and winterization

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XMYTRUCK XMYTRUCK

Reaction score
Hello

Quick question, going to bring my boat for storage and winterization this week and was wondering if I should remove the electric motor from it's quick release latch?

Thanks

X

If you're going to leave the boat with the dealer all winter, I'd say take off as much of the easily-removed stuff as possible and empty the lockers/boxes. Last thing you want is a dispute with the dealer come spring regarding what was and was not on the boat or having to deal with getting replacement equipment even if the dealer agrees with you. Things have a habit of walking off on their own unless appropriately documented. Come to think of it, I would hope that the dealer would have a checklist and go over what's still on the boat with you and have you both sign off at the start of winter storage with copies retained by the dealer and given to you. That way you're both protected.

JC

"Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you!"

I remove everything that isn't bolted down. Also, I would suggest checking with your insurance because the stoarge places (dealers etc.) don't provide insurance for your boat and your insurance company needs to know that the boat isn't in your yard or if you have a claim they could deny it.

Cass is correct, the dealer which stores my pontoon where my cabin is located does not provide insurance coverage for my pontoon. I had to advise my insurance company and have an adendum affixed to my policy. The dealer also forbids that any items be left in the boat, he actually crawled inside my pontoon to verify that it was empty of all contents.

I would say remove your electric motor if you are easily able too. It's amazing how things just seem to walk away sometimes.

It's always a good idea to take a digital photo of your boat and your equipment for insurance purposes.

fatrap

Your putting it away already??? theres still a good 3-4 weeks left of fishing dependingon the weather.:D

Don't put it away. Come to Lake Anna and fish the hot side all winter. You can meet up with Toxic, KB, Carlos, Jim C, Jaws and me. I never winterize 'cause we fish all year.

Bill in VA

You guys are lucky being able to fish all year :) .. Yea the boat is going in early this year due to hunting season and home improvements, I need the garage space.. I still have my scaone if I am lucky can find some time..

Thanks

X

Hey X - Take the chairs and put them in large plastic bags and leave them in the garage (after you clean them first, of course). If you have a spare prop under your driver-side seat make sure you take that out also. Props have a funny way of walking off!

Come down and see us at Lake Anna and we will take you out. No need for winterizaztion.

Back