Dad bought a Triton Crappie Rig:)

• Thread starter TOMMY RICH [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/59
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOMMY RICH

Reaction score
My dad just picked up an 04' that has less than 10 hours on it for an UNBELIEVABLE price:) Nice rig with a 50 Merc...
tritoncrappyrig.jpg

Nice! You can tell I'm half-asleep, at first glance of the storage pic I was wondering why all the vhs tapes were in the boat. I should go back to bed, lol.

He stole this rig @ $7500....How's that for shoppin' and hittin' the jackpot...that's a 12K rig:)

These pics are from the website but, his is identical:)

That's a nice boat and he got a great deal but for the life of me I cannot figure out why those Triton tin rigs sell for soooooo much more than a Tracker. I'm talking about new ones. I don't have the exact numbers but the doesn't the Triton that's equivalent to the PT-185 sell for around 18 or 19 grand? WHY?? They are nice but I perfer my boat and the extra weight in my hip pocket.

Harpo

I do see your point and agree but, believe a lot of that "quality" is the stuff you don't see. No wood at all for instance, 2x better stringer system and fit and finish is still no comparison:)

Tee, on the quality issue im not sure on the triton tin rigs. In my opinion beauty is only skin deep with them. A friend of mine had a Triton magnum 185 and the replaced his hull twice because the front where the vee is caved in form waves. It happened again on his third hull and he finally just traded it on a new skeeter glass boat. All three times it wasnt like he was running on rough water, the boat should be able to handle wakes from other boats.

I never saw anything like that happen to my buddies tracker 185 and he ran that thing in rough water all the time. granted the Triton is a nicer appointed boat, not doubt about it but the caved in hulls make me question it. I hear the caving in is commone on those boats, id keep an eye on it.

Probably was welded on Friday or Monday:) You get lemons with all of them but, hopefully his will stay together;)

Somebody's 185 on here SANK I believe:(

But Tee 3 of them? all different hulls? makes me wonder for sure.

btw it had nothing to do with welds, i dont think they put any bracing behind it.

Nope it was a design flaw. He had an 02,03 and 04 year hull and they never changed it.

They admited to him they had a design issue and were working to resolve it, looks like they never did.

He also had to fight with them for months to get these hulls replaced :(

Well hopefully it's a different design than the 17 crappie...We'll keep an eye on it. Thanks for the info:)

Better put your metal working skills to work and put braces in there for your dad, TEE.....

I does look like a great buy!

TEE Great buy... I know the cost on those rigs..You gat Better than people think...Nice boat Now get the post that has 4 rod holders so It will look like a spider boat....Tell your dad he did good ...JR

The name is the reason for the price increase. When I went to the show in Balt. I did not even know Triton sold a tin boat. But on the outside the boats looked just like a Tracker? But the Ranger tin boats did also.

BF

Congrats to your dad. Thats a fine boat with a good price. Now you and your dad will have to debate over which boat to take to DH.

Da Bear

O.K....You won't here me dissin' Triton's for sure but, your talkin' to a dedicated owner of the Revolution Hull that there is NO second. Sharper V in front than any other mod V out there. That's how they back it:)

I went to the boat show and was told by the Triton rep there that the guy that designed the Xpress Hulls also designed the ones for Triton.

Back