Cracks allready

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

byron cooley

Reaction score
I have an '04 640LX with 98 hours on it. This boat has never been in anything over an 18" chop and is allready cracking in the splashwell near the drain. I have a 375lb 75hp Opti on the back and I noticed that the '06 on thier site the only motor offered is a 60efi 4 stroke at 245lbs. It still states that Max hp is 90 but I see no optional motors on the site. Maybe they are all to heavy for this rig. I looked on the website for info about the hull warrentee but could not find it.
IMG_1494.JPG
:(

according to my o5 catalog the boat should have a 10 yeay warranty on hull and the stringer whatever that is i think you should be covered call your dealer, im sure someone else here will chine in and give you better advice im still a young pup at this stuff

Bryon - what is listed as motors on the website has NO relation to what is available. The Tracker marine webmaster only posts what data is given to him, if you walked/called any tracker dealer today the would price you (as is in the curren 05 and 06 brochures) up to a 90.

Man that sucks though on the crack, do what C said and just call the dealer and have it looked at.

Trep

Byron, I know the first gel coat crack is a tough one to swallow. There will be more no matter what brand of boat you own.

My NX750 is an "04" and I notice mine has the same little cracks in the splashwell,only notice them when it is dusty back there.Is that something serious and to be worried about? I crawled into the back compartment and looked around and did not see any cracks anywhere.

Same here -- I stood on my head in the bilge and nothing visible on the under side. I looked all over the rest of the transom, inside and out, and see no other cracks yet. It's hard to see with the splash well clean.

Those are stress cracks, and they probably are in the gel coat only, from the looks of that picture. It doesn't matter what brand you own - all boats get stress cracks eventually. The only ones that won't get them are the ones that sit on the trailer all the time. If you drive it, you will eventually see one pop up somewhere. I've seen them on Rangers, Tritons, Skeeters, Bass Cats, Nitros, Cajuns, etc.... the list is endless. If there is no broken fiberglass, and the transom doesn't flex under power, I wouldn't worry about it in the least bit. Stress cracks in the gel coat almost never really go away. Fix it now, and I can almost garantee that they will be back at a later date - maybe not to the extent they are now, but they almost always return. Keep an eye on them, and if you don't see any broken fiberglass or transom flex, I'd stop worrying about them. If the gel coat is bubbled, or fiberglass is cracked, then I would definitely bring it in as a warranty issue.

All the best,

Glenn

Back