Confused

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Laster

Reaction score
Went back out to the lake i was fishing yesterday. There was a bazillion boats out there. I think there was a tourny going out of the south ramp because there were a ton of trucks parked over there and around 3 oclock boat traffic was a little slower, i left around 3:30ish.

I didnt do very good today. I tried some new areas. The water temp had dropped 5 degrees since yesterday. It did warm back up to 61ish but it was 5 degrees colder this mroning around 9:30-10 when i got there. I think this played an affect. The fish do not want to attack anything. I can only get them to respond to flipping and pitching. I didnt have a single bite on a spinnerbait or topwater. I can usually catch a few fish right before the spawn on a topwater. There were a lot of fish cruising around. I think they are waiting for the water temp to raise a couple more degrees and a full moon. I did find a small area that had a couple of beds, two 3 lb+ fish swam off because i got too close to them when i pulled to the back of the cove.

Yesterday was a great day to be on the water. Today was bad. I think the boat pressure played a role too. Konawa isnt a huge lake and the banks i fished got hit pretty hard during the day. I only hit two areas that i fished yesterday.

i'm looking forward to the tourny coming up.

Please correct me if i'm wrong.

1. lots of cruising fish and fish hold to clumps of grass, water needs to warm a bit and a full moon to really get in the spawn (water temp 57-61 today)

2. Caught fish flipping the grass yesterday and had a few bites today doing the same

For tourny-full moon the day before the tournament. Expect to see a lot more beds, warming trend this week except for friday and saturday chance of rain and the weather is to be a little colder (60 compared to 70s) during the week.

I'll expect to see a few more beds, less cruising fish, with the cold front it may not cause a lot of fish to get on the beds, i should still have my flipping bite

One thing that might have change the pattern for you is the minor cold front that moved in late yesterday. That's why the strong south wind we had last week was gentle north breeze today. I think it was just enought to clamp them down a little.

Harpo

i didnt even know we had a cold front move through...lol

Been out of state all week and i havent watched the weather. Just checked it a little bit ago to see the weather for the week and the tournament

BJ

More specifically if the Barometric Pressure changed. A cold front by itself won't do much, it takes a couple of days. The BP is why they go ape before a storm and hunker down with lockjaw during low pressure.

TOXIC

Back