Computer/Cookies questions

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donnie Matney

Reaction score
Why do I have to delete my cookies, internet files and clear my history every time I want an update from a messgae board. It's not only this one, but all the ones I look at/take part in. My last laptop updated all the messages everytime I opened the page, as a matter of fact any other computer I have used will update on it's own . This one will not, I have to manualy do the things listed above. What gives? I am using XP with the the latest service pack.

Currently running at these levels of security:

Security level at medium

Privacy at Medium High

Help

Donnie

Isn't there a setting for when to update the stored pages in the temp internet files ?

I think it can be set for every visit, every time you open IE,or never.

I just can't remember where I saw the setting though.:wacko:

I usually just ask my kids when I have a problem,they know more than I do.:D

Steve

On Internet Explorer page click Tools and then Internet Options. When that opens click on the general tab. Go to the section labeled Temporary Internet Files and click on the Settings button. When that opens click Automatically under "Check for newer versions of stored pages". When done with that click OK and then click apply to apply the changes.

Larry

Ok the automatic check for new pages was the tickit. But it seems that when I power down or reboot that I have to go back and manualy check the box again. When I check the box I click on <OK>. Then when it goes back to the main page of internet options the apply button is not enabled so I can't click on it. I think this maybe my probelm. Any ideas??

Donnie

I think I got it. I changed the privacy down to medium, that allowed the apply button to be enabled. I went to the automatic box and check that. Re-start and everything saved. I may have missed my calling. :D

Donnie

Back