cleaning

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey I was going to suggest he clean his glasses....

I hope some glass guys do give him some help... I know there are some great products to use with a good quality high speed buffer... But, with aluminum I have no clue... I just know how to deal with loose rivets and dents!!!:eek:

Man!!!! I think I have this in the archives on this site somewhere. My Nitro was taken care of with professional detailing compounds. The finish was unbelieveable when I sold it after 13 years. Once a year I used a buffer and a Medium leveler, not compound, to buff off the thin layer of oxidation then I used a paste wax. not he crap in a spray bottle. Wash with soap and water between the leveler and wax. Becareful not to use a polishing compound or you'll see how thin your gelcoat really is. The pro polish will put a hard coat of wax on top your finish. Remember the old wax must be removed before a new coat is applied or just adding another layer of junk to the finish.

Always use a different buffer pad for the different products or you'll really be sorry. I always use a critrus based wax and tar remover to remove the old wax when I want to re-wax that same year.

The leveler is also good for removing scuffs and slight scratches. Barring all that you can replace the leveler with a good 2000 grit clear coat polish, wash and then wax. I do the same for the engine and stainless prop. The method is good on painted aluminum boats like my Tundra also.

fatrap

If it is oxidized you need to get it buffed out. Then protect it with BTS. There are many great waxes like stated above, but the best protection you can give is with BTS. It is a polymer formula that actually bonds with the gelcoat and gives it great UV protection. Very easy too, no need for buffing and buffing and rebuffing. Just apply, let dry, and wipe off with a towel. You can even do it in the sun unlike waxes. Yes it is in a spray bottle, but it is not a wax. It also removes all your old wax for you too. You can also protect your vinyl, plastics, trailer, motor etc. all with one product and VERY easily. Boat will look showroom and stay that way.

Derek Chance

Gilbert,

BTS is Bow to Stern, a product for sealing and protecting your glass boat. Clean it, seal it, then it is easier to keep that way. Other option is BBS or Bass Boat Saver which is an all in one that you spray on and wipe off. If a glass boat is oxidized, you have to get it off or no product will do much. It's after you get it off where you can keep it from coming back. Wet sanding and buffing is usually needed before you can apply anything, there is no magic wand for this condition.

TOXIC

Tox is dead on. BTS is Bow to Stern. It is also an all in one product like BBS. I like BTS better however because you don't have to apply it after every time out like BBS. YOu put it on every month or so dependint oh how much you use it. All you have to do is wipe it down with a towel after getting out of the water. I use it on my dash, trolling motor, seats, trailer, truck, etc, etc. check it out at www.btsproducts.com

Derek Chance

Latest posts

Back