Charleston South Carolina

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
I will be staying in Charleston August 5-8. I have the names of a few fishing guide services there but I thought I would ask for any recommendations.

Anyone from this area?

Hey BobG,

Aren't you going to Charleston in early August???

Oooh I am jealous! I love the Charleston area. I haven't been down in about 10 years though... The only bad thing is I have to decide on whether to golf or fish!

Teri,

I don't live quite down there, but I can certainly ask around. Are you wanting to do some saltwater fishing, or freshwater?

Now if you had the time and wanted to, you could go to Santee Cooper and fish for either LM or some really big Blue Catfish!

Tex

I am staying right on the river. I don't care what kind of fishing it is. Red fish would be nice but I just like to catch fish. I need to go somewhere close because I won't have a car other than a 15 passenger van.

I plan on skipping out one day to fish while they go antiqueing. I'd rather have my teeth pulled than be dragged thru antique stores.

Me....and....Bob G.???

NUH--UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

NUH-UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Terry,

Received the following this morning:

Champ Smith is well-known as one of the best nearshore/inshore fishermen in the Southeast and he's based out of Charleston. I've never fished with him but my brother-in-law has and he said Champ was extremely good. Here's an article interviewing him about winter trout fishing from SC

Game & Fish Magazine:

http://www.scgameandfish.com/sc_aa124802a/index.html

I've found a couple of phone numbers for him - not sure which one is good:

843-849-8988

843-928-3990

Another place to look is this website - just click the down-arrow for Resources and then Charters and you'll see a list of several Charter Captains in the Charleston area:

http://www.charlestonfishing.com/

Chad Ferris is in the list and I've also heard very good things about him.

Hope this helps. Let us know what you decide/do. If you wind up using one of these folks, the tips came from Dave Stribling at Anglerschannel.com (I'm a member).

Tex
http://www.charlestonfishing.com/

Teri I dont know of any guides but you have to eat at the the Charleston Crab House. I belive it was near the Isle of Plams, but there could be more than one. They have the best hush puupies in the world.

Donnie

2nd DonJovi on that. Out of this world hush puppies!

Rich D

Oh yeah I forgot the best part...they are free!! and all you can eat!! Its really a nice place to eat!! You have to go!!

Donnie

Thanks for the input. I will check into the guides. I had already found the Charlestonfishing.com site. There were about 4 or 5 guides on there.

I will also be sure to check out that restaraunt. Thanks for the recommendations!

Back