charge switch

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stan jones

Reaction score
i bought my boat used so i don't have a manual. my question is,what is the "charge" position on the switch on the front panel up by the trolling motor used for? boat is a 1989 1800 tf. thanks stan

On some 24V systems the trolling motor plug is wired to put the 2 batteries in parallel with the "Charge" switch so that both batteries can be charged with a single charger. 20 amp charger recommended. Since you don't have a manual, you'll have to visually determine how the plug is wired before hooking up the charger.

Russ

Stan, on my TF, I replaced the whole system and went with a new 2 bank BPS charger mounted behind the passenger seat. That way I just plug it in, and I KNOW it's charging properly, and fast. Plus it eliminates any wiring problems that you can't get to, everything is accessable via the bilge area. If you want pics, let me know. My charger is also well hidden, if my boat is ever vandalized, they would have to really tear it apart to find the charger, but it still gets plentey of circulation.

Latest posts

Back