Caught the Biggest Fish of my Life Tonight

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Harp

Reaction score
I knocked off early today and ran up to the lake for a little evening fishing. I was running a black/blue Chatterbait along the edge of a Milfoil matt when BAMMM!!! all of a sudden my medium/heavy rod bent almost double and the drag on my new Abu Garcia Record started screaming. I would tighten the drag and bring in a little line and then the fish would run and I would loosen the drag....we went back and forth like that for at least 5 or 6 minutes maybe more. I was using 40# Power Pro so I wasn't worried about breaking the line but I was concerned about the fish getting back in the weeds or jumping and throwing the hook...but it never did anything but pull like a Burro. Finally I got him to the surface...looked down only to see the slimy beady eyed wiskered SOB smiling back at me.....WHAT!?!? A GD CATFISH :angry: . Since I have a strict NO CATFISH ALLOWED policy on my boat I didn't bring him in and weigh him but just lifting him by the hook I figured him to be 14 or 15 pounds. I just used my pliers to pop the hook out and off he went. Why oh why couldn't it have been a bass :( ....I could have had my picture in the back of Bassmaster magazine.:rolleyes:

Catfish has whiskers

and a cute little grin,

but you never can tell

where a catfish has been.

From the Catfish Song by Danny O'Keefe

Harpo

Ha...Don't know how many times that has happened on my boat...not by me...the wife!:lol:

When she was using a baitcaster and worms just about all the time when she first started out...it was only a matter of time til' catfish,drum and some of the biggest carp you ever seen jumped on her line.

She seen that bass and artificials go together and now only puts on crawlers to catch them eyes;)

Still fun though wasn't it ?:cool:

Catfish or not, any fish that puts up that kind of fight is welcome in my boat.......:p

Barb had one of those a few weeks back....

All I heard was "Somethings got me!"... not what you normally hear when Bass fishing...

She got hers in on 10# FC tho....took about 10-15 minutes... that was fun... had to chase the thing with the TM to keep up!

I'll post a pic as soon as I find it!

here is is:

Somethings_Got_ME.jpg

Back