Carpet Update

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatrap

Reaction score
I posted a while back about my the rubber base on my carpet 07 Tundra's floor between the front and back deck rotting out and forming a air pocket "hicky". Well in an attempt to fix it I bought a Turkey injector and pumped small "dots" of waterproof carpet glue by injectecting it through the carpet fabric. Worked pretty good except because the rubber backing was rotted away the glue worked it's way up through the fabric of the carpet discoloring the floor. Soooooo I need to pull all four seat bases and unscrew the floor section and recarpet. All this on a always stored dry boat. I know Tracker leaves a large share of its boats uncovered in the parking lot and they are subject to "Lot Rot" I worked for BPS I know. It's hard to criticize a company that I spent many great hours working for and love but WTF. I will remain a devoted customer but not of Tracker Marine,

PS

I just got back from Piere SD visiting my son.(didn't take the boat) the Motel I stayed at had a Ranger 620 right out my front door. I like my Tundra layout better. The guy was fishing a major Cabelas Tournament and the angler said the boat was a 03 and the carpet, abet somewhat dirty, and had some rough use was perfect.:angry:

fatrap

I've been a tracker customer for a whole 4 months and I'll never buy another one. The worst service I've ever gotten from the 2 dealers I've dealt with (one being BP) and tracker directly. Good thing I bought the extra protection plan :wacko: That my expire before anything gets fixed.

Well Steve as much as it pains me I won't cover for them anymore. I'll give you the quick list of my experience.

Boat arrives from St. Louis Store ready for first trailering experience. Bow won't fit into front roller.

Walk through window and instrument panel is covered in white overspray.

Tracker took boat back for trailer fix. Sat in lot six weeks before getting picked up.

Boat sat at Tracker for another six weeks before a salesman drives to Tracker and picks it up.

Boat still misses front roller by a half foot. In flustration my pals in Service take it to a nearby lake and fix it in a couple hours. It has now gone from April to July. I notice trailer is covered with white overspray. I just say #uck *t and leave it.

Buy clay bar and rub off overspray on instruments while that happens I notice Portside counsole is cracked.

Tracker sends new counsole and pals fix it while I sell guns in gun dept drive home after work.

Haul boat to South Dakokta and locking mechanisms for compartments rattle off and fall into the bilges. Duct tape lids shut for trip home.

At home notice latches that are still there aren't timed to lock lids when latches are in lock position with the key. I take off and time locks while replacing mechanisms that fell into the bilge.

Speedo quit working. tube was bundled in cabeling with not enough slack and was pulled apart when turning the steer wheel

Notice that built in cooler on Port side (the one replaced) is cracked. Screw it!

Thats year one. My bud's in hunting dept make me the blunt of boat jokes on a weekly basis. The situation becomes the dept go to funny story.

Year two. Dolco cover($600 option) zippers pull apart and seams come undone. Mercury motor overheats with less than 20hrs and needs new impeller. the rest of year Pretty much trouble free as family situation comes up and can only fish a few times.

Year three. Notice that carpet has bubble where it isn't glued anymore. Black trim replaced with console comes unglued and peels off. Several attemps to replace result in black trim still peeling off. Minn kota power drive trolling motor shorts out seems like the breakers didn't trip. Troller burns plastic bow cap off. It's only $26 which is Cheap! Cheap seems like a pattern. Insurance doesn't pay for lectric stuff. New MinnKota Fortrex $1000. Oh and breakers that work when they're suspose to. Mad at my neighbor as he alerted me to the smoke and saved the boat. Could have had fat insurace check from the hot Progressive chick.

Year four. white powder around drivers seat base. Something is causing the aluminum base to dissolve like its being in acid. Expert says electrolisis(sic) maybe spilled drink with citric acid reacting to something. I have to pull base soak every thing with soda and water. Grind off eroded parts reseal aluminum and replace seat. Phillips screws are cheap and strip I have to replace screws with high end marine stainless.

High end Dowlco travel tarp leaks like wet toilet paper. Ihave to tarp the tarp.

Now year five. Engine gives alarm for overheat. 35 hours on new impeller. Replace impeller $334. Coming back from South Dakota with no Dowlco travel cover on as its a piece of $#!T and not worth putting on and notice entire floor between decks has the carpet loose and flopping. Tracker say too bad I must have cleaned it with a carpet cleaner that didn't agree with it. Today I order premimum carpet that will hopefully match but don't much give a #%it anymore. Now I get to pull four pedelstle bases twenty odd sheet metal screws, pull deck sand off junk cut carpet to fit reglue and reassemble but thats ok I'm retire from teaching and now retired from Bass Pro. Oh did I mention my Trail America's delaminating while on the in Interstate.

In closing a positive note. The boat does perform great. Super layout. Huge storage area and gets lots of attention at the ramp for its looks. One of the best livewells I've had. I haven't said much here as I was an employee of BPS and company loyality. Don't hold the store to task for Tracker's issue please. We have a great store and our Service guys are top notch they'd be even better with something better to work on.

fatrap

Latest posts

Back