Can Tracker dealers sell you just the boat w/no motor?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I asked a Tracker dealer at Bass Pro if I could buy a boat without the motor and he said that they can only sell a boat packaged with a Mercury motor. I was wondering if this was true and if other independent Tracker dealers could just sell you the hull and trailer?

YES. I asked the same question with my dealer, cuz I'm not a merc fan and was lookin to buy a Rude........He told me he could order the new boat with a motor on it, and after all the paperwork was signed for that boat he then could do the deal on the Rude, which would be a different loan but the price difference wasn't much to do the motor swap, I chose to give Merc a shot anyway to save the hassel............BP only sells Merc, and I would not personally buy a boat from BP...............my dealer also sells Suzuki Rude, and Yammy

I am with ya on that one. I have a 90hp 2003 Tohatsu on my tracker. I rigged it with my dads help and I would have never done it any other way. We rigged my entire boat, trolling motor, graphs, vhf,gps, - everything. Has anything gone wrong ? Nope. And if it does, I know how to fix it. Want something done right, you gotta do it yourself.

I HAVE AN EXCELLENT CREDIT RATING AND HAVE BOUGHT ANYTHING I EVER WANTED BUT WHEN I TRIED TO FINANCE THE BLIND DUCK WITH OUT A MOTOR I WAS FLAT TURNED DOWN. I WENT TO MY BANK AND HAD THE LOAN IN 30 SECONDS BUT I AGREE THEY DO NOT LIKE TO SELL WITHOUT A MOTOR. THEY MUST BE MAKING A BUNDLE OFF OF THEM.

Back