Brake parts

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

umpnurse

NTO Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
160 Longstreet Ave, Fredericksburg, VA 22401
My 1999 Nitro trailer (tow a 1999 185 sport) has failed brakes. Feel I should just replace the system at this point. Anyone know where I can get the parts? UFP calipers, don’t know about the master cylinder as I haven’t figured out how to get it out of the tongue. Any help would be appreciated. Is it safe to tow it without the brakes while I seek parts. Towing with a Silverado 4x4

The reason the trailer has brakes is because it exceeds the minimum weight allowed to not have brakes. Without brakes you are solely relying on the trucks brakes to stop both vehicles. For the safety of others, I would not recommend towing without brakes.

I disagree. I had my tongue welded and dont obviously use brakes. Its more about what u are towing with and being safe and keeping distance from other people.

My 1999 Nitro trailer (tow a 1999 185 sport) has failed brakes. Feel I should just replace the system at this point. Anyone know where I can get the parts? UFP calipers, don’t know about the master cylinder as I haven’t figured out how to get it out of the tongue. Any help would be appreciated. Is it safe to tow it without the brakes while I seek parts. Towing with a Silverado 4x4
Etrailer has just about anything you need, guys are very helpful.

I enocourage you to get the brakes working, make the road safer for everyone. That said, boats that size used to come one trailers without any brakes. I agree on ETrailer, great resource.

Latest posts

Back