Bragging time

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lamar Gilbert

Reaction score
Finally made it after a difficult summer.....weatherwise. I hit the 1000 bass mark for the fourth year in a row. Now you have to take in to consideration that I didn't catch one till the last week in May due to the long lasting winter here in Maine. Now in my 40+ years of living in Alabama, I never experienced bass fishing like it is up here in "yankeeland".

Lamar, first off, congratulations!!! Now, do you mean the fishing in "Yankeeland" is better than your 40 years in Alabama????

Bill

Lamar - Every year you post this it makes me cry!!! I'd be happy to have a 200 bass season! Maybe it is that condensed season instead of our 12 months, or more likely my lack of fishing skills!!

Let me get this right... You have caught a thousand bass every year, four years in a row?????

KB - He failed to mention that he works at a LM hatchery and those are all fry that he is dipping to send to us Southerners to catch when they get bigger.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

That averages out to 2.73 bass per day....so consideing bad days that average would have to be a bout 4 or 5?:blink:

Lamar is retired and fishes ALOT!!!

I believe he logs EVERY bass he catches.

If he spends 4-5 days a week on the water for the season, I believe he has caught that many.

On the little lake I live on, Marke and I quite frequently can catch 50 bass in just a few hours.

Yep.....four years in a row now. You guys gotta understand.....season don't open till April 1 and the water is still in the 30's at that time. I caught my first one this year the third week in May.

Yes, I fish nearly every day in June and July...sometimes twice a day. There are SIX large lakes and four smaller ones (85 acres or so) within fifteen minutes of where I live. Always have a problem deciding which one to hit. Biggest single day this year was 46...all bass.

I keep a daily total of the catch and if I catch them....I count them!

It just don't get better than this.

You ain't gonna' catch a 1000 fish here in Ohio where I live if ya' fished 4 times a day (Erie yes)...must be nice to live close to lakes like that;)

Now don't be upset about not catching your first one until the third week of May....We can not even ATTEMPT to catch a bass until the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend!

az

Wow...that's late Andy:(

That's why I head to Dale in late March or early April:)

Can fish all year round here :lol:

I'd rather drive to Maine any day of the week to fish though.....

You northerns are shure WEIRD!! You can't fish Nov - March due to the strange Ice stuff, and then you got some commies that won't let you fish for bass even after ice out??? LOL

OK I can't talk, I can't get a 100 fish year fishing 12 months, let alone what Lamar can do!!!

Back