BPS Preferred Customer Sale

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Harp

Reaction score
Last night I went to the Bass Pro Shops preferred customer sale that we discussed in another thread. We were all wondering if it was going to be anything special and I must say it was no big deal. Other than the sale items listed the mailer that we all got there wasn't a whole lot of mouthwatering deals...with one notable exception. That exception was a bin of Dawia lures, normally around $15 on sale for $5.99...I bought four and may go back and pick up a few more. I got 2 of the diving crankbaits with the titaninum bill, a sweet little popper, and a pencil stick bait that has an open mouth that makes bubbles come out the gills...sounds interesting. They were in good colors too, not like the bin of Jitterbugs and Hula Poppers that were mostly in pink, orange, and red. I also bought the 7'6" medium Crankin' Stick I've been thinking about for some time (not on sale), some 6# Flourocoated P-Line (got a free cap) some split sinkers and a titaninum threader and rubber (going to get into finesse this year), a KVD DVD on spinnerbait fishing (25%off), and a shirt and some socks. That was about it ...$149 spent toward my $1000 quota:rolleyes:.

Best of all I ran into an old NTOWS member who has drifted away from the flock. I'm sure some of you old timers here remember James D. James got a new girlfriend, a new job, and a Skeeter so he doesn't come by and see us here as much as he used to. We promised to get together and go fishing real soon.

So anyway the big Spring Classic sale is kind of a so-so deal unless you're looking for some of the stuff in the flyer or can land something like the Dawia crankbaits that got me cranked up.

Harpo

Krag, No, James D. from Edmond. You met him at Fork that time. He had a green/white NX 700 dual cowl.

Aaron, My son went with me. He's grounded due to crappy grades so he went with me just to get out of the house...I had to promise not to gripe at him about grades. He used to be gung-ho to go to BPS but he's 16 now and it's not quite as cool as it once was.

Harpo

After friday night and all day saturday....i look like this...:wacko::blink::wacko:

Back