Bolle Sunglasses

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon Jackoviak

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I need a little help. I am going to buy a pair of Bolle Polarized sunglasses and I don't know which lens color to get, either the Cobaltz (steel gray) or the Cactus (gray/green). I want the color to help me out with sight fishing. Any help would be appreciated.

Jon

I have a pair of Costa del Mar(sp?). I have the blue lenses and I can really see well down into the water. Chris F.

Chris,

I have a pair of blue mirrored Costa del Mars and I don't really care for them. I can see better with my $15.00 el cheapos.

man mine are the dark black lenses i guess, and you can see right thru the glare great too. i couldnt live without them on the water. the only cost 40 bucks at wal mart too. check them out. and i just got back from a week on lake hartwell just today too and i used em all week long.........hope this helps....paul.

I'm not familiar with the Bolle line, but if you are looking for sight fishing glasses, the best colors are green or amber. I used amber all the time for sight fishing, but since SolarBat came out with Mossback green a few years back, I will never go back to amber. The green cuts out almost as much light as gray in bright sunlight, but they allow enough light through to see in overcast conditions also, so I never change between lens color throughtout the day - I just keep the green on. The Mossback Green also highlights vegetation in the water, so it shows up really well. During sight fishing, the green on a bass' back stands out really well also. If Bolle has a green color, go with that. If not, check if they have a amber. If no on both, check out SolarBat. BTW - if your looking for polarized fishing glasses for sight fishing:

1) stay away from mirrored lenses. They do nothing for the view - purely cosmetic.

2) stay away from glass. You can polarize glass, and you can temper glass, but you CANNOT temper polarized glass - it will shatter. So if you have polarized glass, and get hit in the face with a bullet weight or spinnerbait, you have a much larger chance of losing an eye. Stick with Polycarbonite or Acetate..... Poly being my choice.

3) spend the money for a good pair. The boat, rod, reel, tackle doesn't do you any good if you can't see to use them.

All the best,

P-A-T-929

Careful with Amber/yellow glasses when the sun is high. that color allows LOTS of light into the eye and can cause you to "overdo" the light your eye gets. Can cause eye fatigue and other high light eye problems.

It is kind of like going outside on a sunny day and magnifying the amount of light that is allowed into your eye. I learned this shooting, as Amber is a very bad color to use in bright light situations.

Carlos

Jon,

Which ones did you try? They make a ton of styles. Have you tried the Bat Eyes yet? They are my personal favorite. Bass Pro Shops sells an exclusive line of SolarBats - nobody else sells those frames. They have 22 other styles. Check out their website, or if you want, I can send you a catalog. I'm the rep for Virginia, so if I can be of assistance, please let me know. Just let me know what your preference is, and I can recommend some styles. I have some Bat Eyes in the Mossback green in stock if you want to try them. Just let me know. Not trying to steer you away from Bolle or any others. Wear what you think is comfortable. I hope you find something to your liking, no matter what brand.

P-A-T-929

Jon, when I went to Bassmaster U. a couple of years ago Guido Hibdon, who along with Bobby Garland practally invented sight fishing, reccomended Solar Bat in the green for bright light and amber in low light.

Purp, does Solar Bat make an OTG (over the glasses) style? I would really like to have a pair of quality sunglasses but I've got to have my "specs" on so I can see to tie knots and stuff.

Harpo

Jon,...I like amber or brown for sightfishing......whatever color Bolle has that gives you the most amber or brown will probably be the best IMHO.

(We gonna hit Crystal Lk. this summer???)

Mac

Thanks Tex. I've already got a pair of Fitovers and I like them okay. I think their polarazation leave a little to be desired and I'd like to have some green lenses.

Harpo

My wife picked up a pair of the Caccoons (sp) at BPS that fit over her prescription glasses and loves them. :cool: Gonna have to invest in a pair for myself

Back