Boat repair

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Hutchison

Reaction score
my firends boat was hit on the side of the road and knocked it off the trailer he needs alot of repair work. where in Virginia is a good boat body work place. It was a hit and run.

Thanks

Hutch

Years ago Davis Boat Works in Ashland did some warranty repair (Fiberglass) for me and I was very happy with the work. I believe they have a good reputation around central Virginia. Try them at 804-798-5155

Hutch - sounds startling similar to what happened to another lister although the culprit did not get away in that instance. Also, the lister's boat was aluminum. I believe he took it to Mare of Aquia and had it fixed there. I saw the repair job and it was beautiful. Again, his boat was aluminum so its probably worth a call first to see if they can help you out.

My friend drove the neighborhood last night and found the car a 18 year old kid at a party dirinking beer so at least he will get the insurance out of don't know what the cops are going to do to him. Mare of Aquia are really good Sam alwasy does his best to work things out.

Hutch - Couldn't agree more about Mare. That's where I bought my 896 from. Good people. There is always "The Boat Shop" here at Anna which is at the entrance to High Point Marina. They do excellent work, although they are busier than one-armed paper hangers. Robert Boyer is the owner and you can reach him at 540-895-9616.

Thanks to all I let heim know I guess it will be up to the insurance company as well to where he takes it. Bill how are the ribs Back to normal I hope been out fishing ?

Ribs are healing well. Went out last Friday and everything went well. Too windy, though so came off early. Thanks for asking!

Rising Sun Fiberglass Repair in Virginia Beach does extremely good work - but they normally have a waiting list just to get into the door. My buddy just had his Triton repaired there after a underwater collision with some immovable object - you can't tell where the damage was - and it was a very large repair job.

All the best,

Glenn

Back