Boat Plug

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clifton Egger

Reaction score
Back to the plug in or out question. On my 2002 PT 175 I usually leave yhe plug in because I put it in from the inside ,which is a pain to do. Always done this on my jon boats I had before the Tracker. Is it neceessary to put the plug in from the inside or can it be put in from the ouside.

Clifton - I would just leave the plug out altogether. When the boat starts to fill with water just go faster and the water will rush out of the drain hole. Just make sure you do this before it fills to the gunnels. LOL :lol::lol::lol:

You won't get to it from the inside...guaranteed:huh:

Clifton - I've never seen a PC or PT tracker with the plug put in from the inside. My 2000 was put in from the outside and I kept took it out once I left the ramp incase it rained on the way home or I had any water in the bildge from over the back of the transom (waves, backing in...) and put it back in at home.

I bet it is a PITA to get it in/out from the inside!!

Funny thing Trep...I accidently left my plug out one time and guess what?...you CAN'T get to mine at all from the inside(kinda' cooky design IMHO) so I had to jump out at the dock and put it in:eek: Lucky for me it was warm:p

Clifton,

In my PT-17 the plug is put in on the INSIDE and you're right, it's a real pain to get to.

I have to open the hatch and kind of leap on and lay across the rear to reach it. You can't put it in from the outside because the weld around the drain hole is too uneven. It just won't go in. So, I just leave mine in. Fortunately, it's a rare time when I have any water at all in the bilge.

Bill

The older models are different....you can' t get your hand down inside on the newer ones.

Tee - Yup I don't think on my Tracker or my Nitro you can put them in "backwards" given the way they are designed (thinner on one end). I've done the forget the plug thing, had to pull the boat back on the trailer, let it drain and put in in.

Got so used to putting mine in from the outside of the boat, I tried in vain one day to try and put the plug in from the outside on my friends jon boat. He got a good laugh out of that one after watching me fumble around for awhile. :rolleyes:

I also put mine in from the inside. But I only take it out over winter.

If I took it out every trip, the outside would definatly be the way to go.

Steve

Back