Boat Guide On Placement

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Ferendo

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am putting guide-on posts on my trailer for the first time and I am wondering how tightly against the boat they should be? Should I allow an inch or so on each side, less, or touching the hull?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

When I made the ones for my tracker I left like 3 or 4 inches on both sides for wiggle room, it worked for me.

BF

Steve - I installed a set of home-made guide on's to my Tracker PT175 trailer. I used some aftermarket car exhaust pipe parts for the lower mounts that are hose-clamped and U-bolted to the trailer. I then used PVC piping (about 2-inch, if I recall correctly) mounted on top of the exhaust pipes. Cost was about $30 in parts. I also mounted pedestal turn/stop lamps on top for better rearward signal visibility and hooked them to the trailer's wiring. I left about two inches clearance from the guideposts to the boat. Since the upper part of the posts are PVC, they most they will do is hit the rub rail without harm. Let me know if you're interested and I can post some more detailed photos of the set up I rigged up. Its helped me tremendously in seeing the trailer location without the boat while backing up as well as guiding on the boat to the trailer.

Sorry Steve - shouldn't have been so long-winded. I left about 2-3 inches. I would think that would be enough, especially if the guide-on's are somewhat flexible.

Back