Boat compartment lock help, please?

• Thread starter William H. (Bill) Barham
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William H. (Bill) Barham

Reaction score
The Pro 17 Tracker I just bought (used) did not have the keys to the rod locker or other compartments. Any ideas on where I can buy the same kind of locks that were used on this boat.

A search on the web brought confusion and angst..

Thanks, Bill

Bill,

There should be some numbers stamped on the lock where the handles for each compartment are. By giving this number to a Tracker dealer, they should be able to make or order you a new set.... Good luck

Mike

Take the lock off the lid and take it to a locksmith. He can cut a key for you.

I don't get a warm fuzzy from those locks anyway, I'd like to find a way to really secure those lids down for sure.

Harpo

Most True Value hardware stores have these locks, if I remember they are about $4 ea and you can get them keyed alike or not if you wish.

I think they call them cabinet locks.

That's right! I thought those locks looked familar.

I'm thinking about going to Radio Shack and seeing if they have the stuff to make a inexpensive (cheapo) alarm.

Harpo

Cabinet locks, cabinet locks, cabinet locks!!! Cabinet is probably the one word I didn't do a search on...

I couldn't find any numbers stamped on them anywhere.I'm going to take Soonerfans advice and take one off and head to a locksmith. I don't have a True Value store anywhere near me and local hardware stores had nothing. I know they won't stop theft but will maybe deter someone a little.

Soonerfan, the Tracker web site has something called LOC-R-BAR that's supposed to secure everything. It's seems to be a little overkill for me but if someone's really concerned about detering thefft, maybe this would work.

Thanks all, Bill

Thanks MoFish,

These old eyes finally did see a number, however faint.

With the help of two neighbors, we agreed on what it was.

I e-mailed my local BPS to see if they could help me.

Bill

Get locks designed for outdoor exposure. If not, you may end up leaving things locked in them longer than you expect.

david......

Latest posts

Back