Bilge Pumps

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy Cody

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what size the bilge pumps are that would have came on my 2000 901? I plan to change them out for larger capacity pumps. If someone already knows, it will save me having to stand on my head until I actually are doing the switch.

I have a manual pump and also an automatic pump that runs one or the other, but not at the same time?

Thanks,

RoyC

I think my current outlet fittings are 3/4". What is the largest output bilge pump can I use before having to go to a larger hose and thru-hull fitting, (1 1/8")?

Thanks,

RoyC

Well,

I got into the bilge area to check out my pump size. I was surprized to find I had two "Rule 2000 GPH" pumps for the bilge. The freshwater intakes for the livewells were "Rule 700 GPH" pumps.

What started this query was from a couple weeks ago, I launched the boat without the drain plug installed :(.

After I noticed the water was about 8" deep in the floor of the boat, I turned the bilge pump on while I started idling back toward the ramp, (about 35 minutes). Neither bilge pump discharged the water very strong?

After I got the boat back on the trailer, with the water draining from the drain hole and the bilge pump running, it took close to 1/2 hr to drain completely.

I looked on ebay and I found that Rule makes a "3700 GPH pump". Has anyone installed one of these pumps in their boat before?

Thanks,

RoyC

Back