Bilge pump

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heath Patton

Reaction score
I have a 2009 x4 and was wondering if anyone knows a round about cost would be to add an automatic bilge pump. Thanks

Price of the pump, whichever size you decide to go with, a fuse, some wires and time. Just need to install it, wire it directly to battery and include the fuse and your done. I have no idea of pump price.

you would need to reroute it directly to battery and not go through any switches to make it an automatic pump with the float switch.

If you just add the float switch, then as soon as you turn power off, there is no power to the float switch. If you were to forget the drain plug and launch the boat and not have the power turned on, the boat will fill with water anyways. If it is directly wired to the battery, then the float switch will have power and sense water, thereby turning on the pump.

I recently installed an automatic bilge pump in my 2003 Nitro 288 Sport. Hardware included Shoreline bilge pump with float, Y connector for hoses, and a few hose clamps. Less than $40 all in.

Latest posts

Back