Best Wax

• Thread starter Bryan McDonough
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan McDonough

Reaction score
What is the best wax for your boat? I am sure this has come up before. I have used a lot and found the wax does not last that long, tried nu finish this weekend and we'll see how long it lasts.

every time I get my boat home after a day of fishing,,,,, I spay it down with turtle wax spray wax..... looks great all the time!

Kraig

I use mothers california gold hard past wax. i like it on both the truck and boat. It seems to last a long time and also the finish looks "deeper". i also wipe the boat down with spray detailer(not wax) after i take it out of the water. It keeps it looking good.

I second the Mothers California Gold. They also have a product that is called "Back to Black" for vinyl/dash/seats/rubrail etc., works on any color and is GREAT!! Meguires is also very good.

TOXIC

I wipe down (the boat that is) at the ramp with Kick'n Bass's "Clean and Shine"...

When I wash/wax it at home, I use Meguires stuff.

I ahve heard good things about a product called "Island Girl", but haven't tried it yet.

My favorite is Meguire's "high tech yellow wax". It is pretty hard to polish off but leaves a hard shine. I also like their "cleaner wax", which does a nice job of hiding small swirls and scratches. I also spray and wipe with their spray detailer. Mother's is very good also and I, too, like their Back to Black. I don't think you can go wrong with either brand....

JJ..

I think Collonite Fleetwax is the best I've ever used. Even used it on my '97 Grand Cherokee this Spring and its still beading water. Not cheap (about $20 per 12 oz as I recall). Not real easy to use; must buff of before it dries. I first saw this recommended in rec.boats newsgroup. Lots of those folks like it.

Lots and lots of ear wax.

Seriously, I just wash the tub ring off the boat as soon as I get home. I haven't put anything on my tin fizzy yet.

Back