Best Bass Fisherman Ever

• Thread starter William H. (Bill) Barham
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William H. (Bill) Barham

Reaction score
Ok, in your opinion, who is the best Bass fisherman ever?

I just noticed on one of the Bass shows that there is a poll going on about this right now so I thought it would be interesting for here.

So I guess I have to start huh? Ok, remembering that I'm an old guy who just started Bass fishing again three years ago after a long layoff, I have to go with some old timers also:)

If I had to go with one guy, for any condition, any method, etc., I'd have to take Roland Martin, Sonnnnnn....Very close would be Ricky Clunn. But I did say best and that means just one so I have to go with Roland.

Bill

Hands down the #1 "all time"... Rick Clunn... A close second would be the late Billy Westmoreland...

I'd go with Rick Clunn, also. Westmoreland is, without a doubt, the best smallie fisherman ever. Given a couple more years and another Classic title, KVD will catch Clunn. He is a fish-catching machine!

Craig

Agree with Greg & Craig on this one. Westmoreland was without a doubt the best SM man that there ever was or will be for a long time & KVD will catch Clunn.

Westmoreland...

I have a tendency to think about who has done more for the sport "in general"... as well as the titles and tourneys..

At that angle, Bill Dance is "synonymous" with Bass Fishing, And Roland Martin has had a starry history of titles and wins.

Personal Favorite of the "Top Ten"...Rick Clunn.

Roland has never won the big prize, that will hold him back. Not to say he isn't a heck of a fisherman. Plus he is a little lacking in the personality department.

The best fisherman ever, without a doubt, no question, will never change, undisputed, is my grandfather John Ballantyne. He never fished a tournament in his entire life but loved the sport and the outdoors more than anybody I have ever met. God rest his soul.

TOXIC

You know, I completely forgot about Billy Westmorland and I use his singnature rods almost exlusively. I have one graphite and one fiberglass that are over 25 years old (retired) and four new ones that bought two years ago. He was a great fisherman.

Bill

JR Is by far the best ...My Opinion..I have gotten over 50 bass over 8 pounds,,10 over 9 pounds and 5 over 10...Okeechobee Fla..1973--1991... But only my opinion...BWHAHAHAHAH

Ahhh yes.... JR... we "elder statesmen" tend to regard ourselves as legends... at least in our own minds...

I belive it is supposed to be based upon 'Professional Career'. Billy Westmoreland was certainly a giant in the bass industry, and THE renowned expert in SmallMouth fishing.

It's got to be Clunn. 4 Titles + 28 straight years qualifying for the Classic - and still doing it.

Second - Denny Brauer.

Coming on VERY STRONG - Kevin VanDam.

Tex

Larry Nixon, Hank Parker, Rick clunn, Woo daves. Doesn't matter how many TX won or how much Money, What do you give back to the sport.

Rick Clunn is the best.

Denny Brauer is right up there too.

Larry Nixon is my favorite.

KVD will more than likely take the crown before he is cuts bait.

Bill Dance & Hank Parker were great without a doubt but they found an easier way to make a living fishing. So they don't count.

Regardless of the wins by Roland Martin he does not even make my top 10.

Wake up Mac you have a fish, so says Mini!

AARRGGHH and to think, I fell for it with the perveriable hook line and sinker.... or tube in this case...

Carlos

We could argue forever about who IS the best, BUT I can assure you I know who it ISN'T....... me :( !

Best fisherman-Rick Clunn or KVD (just give KVD some time)

Best that has helped the industry- Ray Scott

It must be me, Trepper that is, not me! since Mac posted it and NO ONE questioned him!!!!

Thanks Big Dog!!!! LOL

In my boat, it's ME... unless Barb's with me, then it's her... and she's always with me!

Back