Battery question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Muniz

Reaction score
I need a trolling motor battery.

I'd really like to get an AGM battery like an Optima but I really can't justify the cost for the amount of fishing I do lately.

Due mainly to time constraints I can only get out 3-4 times a season. 4-5 hours at a time. :(

I need to know what the minimum battery capacity you would buy for my level of fishing.

Walmart's smallest deep cycle wet cell battery is 675cca with maybe 90 min reserve. You think this will be enough to run a Motorguide 43# motor and 1 fish finder for say 6 hours. (not straight).

Thanks.

Yes it would run your trolling motor for 6 hrs plus some. It's more a condition of where you run your trolling motor at. IE if the wind is blowing and you have to run on high it will drain the battery quicker. I use a 27 lb thrust on my 14 ft. row boat, (old heavey gauge aluminum)

and it lasts for 8 hrs. easy. Shouldn't be a problem. :)

I run a Wallyworld trolling battery on my PT185 with a MinKota 55 and have never had it run down.....even on a long day's fishing. For the $$$, they are hard to beat.

AC Delco Voyager. The are close celled. No adding water. Run you around $90 for a 27 series.

NoCAL

Back