Battery Dead

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason L

Reaction score
My cranking battery for the motor (the one that controls tilt on the motor ) died on me. What battery do you all recommend for a 2004 PT 185? And where should I buy it?

Thanks

Jason - Is it the original batterr? have you got an on-board charger that was charging it after every use? If so, i'm surprised (maybe I was luckily) my 2000 PC 175 factory cranking battery lasted 5+ years. 2 years sounds too quick for me.

I think its the original. The boat was an early 2004 so it's about 3 years old

I have had my share of battery trouble through the years between racing cars and now boating. Once I stopped using Interstate batteries and switched to AC Delcos my battery problems are gone. I will use nothing but Delcos from here on out. I'm sure there are many other opinions out there but for the money I think you can't go wrong with them. BTW, I have a 2003 PT-175 and got only 2 years out of the Interstates that came with it.

I also had problems with interstates and now have 3 AC Delcos and my problems are gone. I also do not have to fill them with distilled water as they are sealed batteries.

To each his own. I have the four (4) original Interstates in 2002 896 Nitro which are now over 4 years old and going strong. Three are for the troller (36V) and the other is the starting battery. Lots of good batteries out there!

Back