• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Nitro Owners and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Battery Charger

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lenn Jamerson

Reaction score
When I bought my 98 Proteam 185 it came with a Dual Pro XL charger. I didn't get an owner's manual so I'm hoping some of you can answer some questions for me. The charger has indicator lights, red when discharged/green when charged, I'm assuming. After being plugged in for 18 hours, the light on the left is green, the one on the right is still red which I guess means one of the batteries is not fully charged. What may be the problem? I disconnected the leads to the batteries and reattached them and tightened them good just to make sure it was not a loose connection. The batteries are both brand new this spring. Should the red light change to green? If so what could be the problem?

if you have a 12 volt trolling motor with only 1 battery one of your batts will reach full charge a while before the other. but both should eventually turn green. the cranking batt should turn green first. if you have a 24 volt trolling motor and you use 12 volt a lot, i belive it will run down 1 batt more than the other. and it could be something wrong with 1 of your batts. just some things to check. thanks stan

Jerry D.,

I switched the wires like you said. After a while with the charger plugged in both banks showed green. I guess it was a wiring problem. Thanks for your help. I am glad to have a website like this since I am a first time boat owner and lack experience with these minor problems.

Are you running anything else off the trolling motor battery? I had a similar issue that was related to a short in my finder wiring that prevented the battery from getting a full charge.

david

Latest posts

Back