Battery & Charger Solution

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim m

Reaction score
Went out on Lanier today for about 8 hrs in my 05 PT175,me not knowing there was a wind advisery out.I was striper fishing which ment doing a good bit of trolling,mostly on level 4 & 5 due to the wind....I normally can fish and troll all day on 3 sometimes 4 and my trolling motor battery never ever flounders,but today it got very weak @ the end after about 6 hrs...I had a factory 2 bank Guest on board but put it on my Nitro and put on a BPS 2 Bank on......Question.....Was that a bad move to swap the chargers and am i lucky to have gotten out of my batt what i got due to wind....Do i need to put the guest back on the 175,i use it more than the Nitro and what i was wondering was if I used 1 of the Everstart Marine Maxx big battries for trolling on each boat and then used the trolling battery on my 175 as the starting batt on my Nitro..I only run 2 batt,s on each..... Wouldnt i get a longer reserve out of the 1 big one and cut back on weight than having 2 trolling batteries....Or Just swap chargers and use original set up......Sorry for the long post...

The thing to consider is the amp charge on the chargers. If the amperage is the same, I wouldn't go through the hassle of swapping again. A lot of wind will eat up a single bat., especially on a light weight boat. (alum.) I would strongly consider adding another equivalent battery which would drastically extend your T/M time. The additional weight will have a minimal impact at most to the overall handling/ride of your rig. Just my .02. Good luck!

Back