Bass pro rods warranty

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott lewis

Reaction score
I know the curent warranrty on rods is 1yr.

Is this a new poloicy 3-4 years.

It seems I remember back 01-02 that he catalog was satisfaction gauranteed.

there was no limit on time. It was limited to manufacturer defect though.

Does anyone remember.

Satisfaction guaranteed should be one of those things that you know pretty quickly. Coming back 10 years later that you're not satisfied because it broke, well, is disingenuous. A satisfaction guarantee is normally 30 days. Are you satisified with your purchase/performance of product? This allows you to return the item because it wasn't defective, but rather didn't meet your expectations.

For as far back as I can remember, the warranty has been one year from purchase date.

I could be dis-satisfied because my 10 year old rod broke when I tried to pull that jig off the stump. I really don't think the 50# Power Pro line had a thing to do with it.:unsure:

Actually Mike, I think you're right concerning the BPS satisfaction guarantee. I did return a Pro Qualifer reel one time because it didn't free spool worth a hoot. I traded it for a Curado SF and now I'm satisfied. That was all within the 30 day period. However, I have returned two rods to Falcon because they started changeing color in just one area. They don't know what causes it but they exchange them without a whimper.

Harpo

I don't know about your particular bass pro, but I've broken several rods and taken them back to the store (St Louis, Springfield, Orlando, and Atlanta). Two on hooksets, one on a stump hookset, and one under a boat cleat. All the rods were older than a year or two, and the saleperson had no problem exchanging them. I was even truthful about the boat cleat accident, and the guy laughed with me and said to go get another one.

Of course, they always know I'm going to buy one or two more new ones at the same time...but I've always been really impressed with the salespeople there. I guess that's why most of my rods are BPS rods (kind of like craftsman tools).

Thad

I remember having the braided lines cutting into the guides. "Man this rod keeps breaking my line!"

LOL

:)

No braider libne

no stumps

I was satisfied till it broke at a guide.

No not slammed in a door which I might mention is why most are returned.

that is taking advantage.

Oh another secret i discovered. The rods are date stamped.

If you are not careful you can buy an old rod that has been on the shelf for a year or so,

then if you need to return it you are screwed when they will tell you your rod is out of warranty because of the age that it is stamped.

I was next to a guy in line today that had a rod dated jan 04.(today is 5-9-05)

Oh yea I was there because I was told I could return the rod.

Then the Customer service rep (who told me to bring it back for an exchange after I explained it was 2 years old and I did not have a receipt) could not figure out how to do the return. I would not have made the trip. I specifically asked about the warranty and the time frame.

What a waste of my time.

ALLSTAR Rods Lifetime warranty

No More BPS rods for me.

They will be on EBAY this week

St. Croix Rods Lifetime Warranty (except Premier, two-year warranty) against manufacturers defects in materials or workmanship. St. Croix rod blanks are made by St. Croix, in the US, and assembled by US workers.

Allstar is owned by Shakespeare now.

Manager i believe he was involved.

It was an extreme rod they told me they would replace it with and extreme on the phone.

but the numbers on the new model do not match the new model numbers.

this I think blew there mind.

they did not know how to deal with it.

Same rod same series different numbers.

What really upset me is that after I explained everything to her on the phone (no receipt model, breakage and anything else that would give her the opportunity to say no) and she check with department head she told me no problem.

Then I get there and wasted my time.....

Dicks Sporting goods and gander mountain are closer.

Back