Back in business....

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan Fary

Reaction score
It has been a long time since I have posted on this board. I have been round and round with boats, with my latest a Sea Pro Bay boat SOLD yesterday! After only one trip to salt water, I decided to get out of the salt water boat business and go back to strictly bass fishing in a BASS boat. I originally had a PT185 w/ 50merc. that I felt was underpowered. I then stepped up to a Nitro 882. I am seriously looking at going back to a simple but functional Bass Tracker PT185 or the new PT190. I assume the PT190 is the same boat as the PT185 with minor differences? Anyone know of a good used PT185 with a 90hp? Looking at the Tracker website they are offering an $800 discount on the new PT190 with a 90 Optimax for $15995. I am thinking I can do better on a leftover '05 PT185. Ideally, I would prefer a 1-2 year old boat in good condition to save even more $$.

Look forward to getting back in the flow of the excellent posts on this board.

Bryan

The 190 would be an awesome pacakage with the 135 Opti...that we be one sweet rig.

The 190 is about 6" wider than the 185....I've had my 185/90 combo since 02' and it has a been a goodun' which has caught me a ton of fish:D

Hey Bryan,

How about a dual console '99 PT185 with a '99 90 hp Merc, and a 67# Minn Kota All-Terrain? Also have a cover from BPS designed for the PT185. $9000 ? :)

SevenPin

Send me some pictures to my email. I might be interested. Where are you located?

Bryan

Tee.....Are the mph posted on the Tracker website accurate? Says the 90 Optimax will get you 40-44 mph. Is that accurate?

Bryan

I had a PT 185 w/90 Merc. With 2 people and TOO much gear I could get about 42mph out of it, under perfect weater conditions.

Have you considered an Avalanche ? Thats what I have now.

Haven't really looked at the Avalanche. Just sold my boat yesterday, so I am in the VERY preliminary stages of the new boat search. I know my first boat was a PT185 and it was an excellent boat, just underpowered. Haven't ruled out anything yet other than what is out of my budget. One thing is for certain, NO BOAT PAYMENTS!

Bryan

Bryan, what happened to
Dumped my bass boat for a bay boat. BEST decision that I have ever made.
... I'm just messin' with you Bryan but I am curious as to what was wrong with the Sea Pro ..

I looked at the PD190tx at the Nashville store, It looked realy nice and the HUGE front deck with the new storage organizers is realy nice. I know folks are unhappy with it only being rated for a 135 Opti, but I don't think the Revolution hull is realy designed for High Performance 50mph + speeds.

Bill, absolutely nothing is wrong with the Sea Pro. Excellent boat for what it is designed for. It isn't the best boat for bass fishing in fresh water. I have 3 buddies that have salt water boats permanently at the coast here in NC and have NO need for a salt water boat. I want something for myself and my son to fish on and maybe the wife and daughter. I don't want a $30k boat that I will feel guilty if I don't use it weekly. I keep going back to the Tracker. Son and I are going to the boat show tomorrow in Raleigh, NC to start the search for a new BASS boat.

Bryan

Back