Back from Lake Champlain

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pete hanford2

Reaction score
I got back yesterday from winning a fishing trip on Lake Champlain. I had a great time and caught many BIG smallmouth.I had 2 smallies over 6 lb and one of those was real close to the 7 lb mark.another 2 that was over 5 lb. the rest of the fish was anywhere from 2 lb and up.What an awesome fishery in the spring.Also caught some real nice northern pike as well.The fish was caught on tubes and jerkbaits.The water temp was 45 degrees and the fish are on their way up the lake to different tribs to start spawning in a few weeks.I was fishing out of rouses point and fished anywhere from 6 to 12 feet of water. you needed wind to get these smallies to bite.

Awesome smallies! No pics?

I was in St. Albans Bay for a couple of hours on Friday and didn't find the big fish....only 2's.

I see you're from Sunbury......I'm originally from Danville.

Bob G.

Bob i am waiting for the guy to email me the pics. friday was a tough day on the water. thursday was much better with a lot of big fish caught.yup danville just up the road from me.are you still in the area?

I live in VT, but go back to Danville a few times a year. My Dad and most of my family are still there. Let me know next time you're coming to Champlain.

Bob G.

Back