auto aerator not working

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenny Guess

Reaction score
Last week I went out and the auto aerator cycled fine. Yesterday, I couldn't get it to work. What should I check for? It should come on every 3 mins. for about a min. and then trun off , right? I can turn it on manual and it works. Question about recirculating feature- should that be on auto also? What is its purpose? When I turn on the recirculating on manual, it works too but not on auto. Any help here would be appreciated, can't believe that something broke since I went out last so it must be something I am doing. Thanks, Kenny

The timer on my PT 17 went out but the manual would work. Look for a "film canister" type thing behind the switch in the dash, thats the timer unit. Take it off and goto your marine dealer and they should hook you up. I think mine was less than $20.

Donnie

If your boat's a 2004...I would go back to the dealer. I got mine free even after a year...

I will take the advice guys.....man, what a great site to find valuable info! Thanks for taking time to respond. Kenny

Well, I got under the dash and found the "canister" thing and moved it around some and bingo, it started to work.....guess there was a loose connection.Thanks for the great info guys, Good luck if you fish this week end. Kenny

Back