Athstetics - Kind-a-anal

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ND Bass

Reaction score
OK guys, here's the question....

The guy who I bought my boat from replaced the trolling motor with a minnkota...great move IMHO. The problem is he mounted it at a different angle than the original (because it must have a longer shaft) which left a couple holes in the bow (aluminum). He did plug the holes with some black silicone or something but....

are there some kind of rubber plugs I could buy to fill the holes instead so it looks nicer?

Thanks!

Check you local hardware store or building supply (Home Depot or Lowes, etc)...they'll have something that'll work....check in the cabinetry section for "plugs" that cover screw holes....or in the plumbing section for rubber caps.

My friend Tom plugged some holes in his aluminum boat with some stuff from lowes. It comes in a soft putty form. You put the putty together ans roll it around a bit then put it in the holes. take as much off the top as you can and then sand when hard. It dries hard as a rock. Paint when complete

Maybee Tom will join in the thread.

Mark

Jaws134 may be refering to JB Weld. I have used it before, does set up hard.

Eric

Use PC Marine Epoxy Putty $7.99 at Ace Hardware. That is the stuff Jaws is referring to that I used. Follow the directions and it sets up rock hard, (I let it set up over night) then you come back after it has fully cured and take a flat file and sandpaper and flatted it out. Prime and paint over and you will not know a hole was their.
http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1390299&CAWELAID=221747672

I've used JB STIK by JB Weld. Its a putty that you knead to mix the components and then place into the holes. Dries hard, sandable, paintable. I used it fill in the old holes from a fishfinder (went with a different brand). Can't even tell where the holes were after I painted. They are also below the water line and have held for going on two years with no leaks!
http://www.jbweld.net/products/jbstik.php

I plugged mine with automotive plastice plugs from the auto store. Thye look like a large shooth black rivet after install

Thanks for all the feedback guys! Awesome....

Can you buy matching paint from tracker? Does it come in a spray can and/or touch up? I could use both for various other 'anal issues' :lol:

I'm no painter so a bit nervous aobut putty, sanding and matching the paint...I'll have to work up to that one.

The Lowes/Auto Parts options are probably my #1...kinda scared of doing more damage than help with painting.

I asked my Tracker dealer to order me some touchup paint when I bought my boat.

Several weeks later it came in - 1 pint of Tracker red - $56. If I ever need to paint the whole boat again, I've got enough!!!

Mike E.

:(

Latest posts

Back