Any air riflers out there?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff R.

Reaction score
I currently have a RWS model 34 .177 air rifle. I'm thinking of going to a .20 caliber Beeman R9 and was curious if any of you have any experience with either of these guns. The Beeman R9 in .177 is pretty comparable to my RWS as far as velocity and the .20 R9 has a little less velocity but more knockdown power for pest control, etc. Just looking for more opinions on either of these guns if any of you have any knowledge of them.

I jcyrrently have a Beeman .177 so I can't give you any 1st hand info on the .22. When I was a kid my buddy had a Sheridan .22 and it was very effective compared to my .177.

What type of varmits are you getting rid of? I use the Crow Magnum hollow points in my .177 and they do a great job on squirrels.

Is the rifle you are looking a .20 or a .22? Just curious.

The Beeman R9 comes in either a .177 or .20. I am kind of leaning towards the .20 just because if I go with the .177 it probably won't be much different from what I have now. I've been using the RWS Super Hollow Point pellets in mine and they are very good on birds and rabbits and fairly accurate for target shooting too.

Check out http://www.straightshooters.com/ssmenu.html

They have some good info for comparison.

I only have the RWS 24 (for the kids) so I couldn't comment on the R9.

That little 24 is great though - I've pushed thousands of pellets through it.

Rich

Back