Another question for JDJ

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Zechman

Reaction score
HI JDJ! OK, I must be an idiot. On my 189, the livewells in the rear of the boat, I understand how to use the pump out feature. The problem is, when I fill them up, and drive the water runs out completely. The manual says theres a switch or something to close the drain so the water stays in until you pump it out. How and where is this???? I can't find anything anywhere! Am I missing somethin'? Help!!!!!!:wacko:

If the livewell does not take a drain plug there should be a round switch/dial on the drivers side by the throttle. The black round switch should say open and closed. To keep water in the livewell turn the switch to closed and to drain the water turn the switch to open. Most newer Nitro's with pump out systems have a drain plug in the bottom of the livewell. Hope this helps

Yeah thanx Mischel, I don't have th e dial anywhere, and I can't find a drain plug in the bottom of the tank, so I still don't know where it is

Mike, I think mine switch is inside the door of the left livewell and it works like Mischel said.

Hey guys did you ever solve this problem? Same thing is happening to me. I think I've tried every combination of switches etc but the same thing happens to me. It fills and then drains out when the boat is running.

Help! :blink:

Big Rick

Oakland/Clearlake CA

Back