Another Fish finder Question * Opinions Needed*

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad Mitchell

Reaction score
I am still up in the air about which finder to get, but thats not the question.

If you can only have 1 "good" sonar where should it go, transom or bow?

p.s. Do yall cry when you have to drill a hole in shiny clean fiberglass(or aluminum)?

thanks, 1fish

No question about it. BOW!!!!

MO

p.s. YES, but I sob when I drill it in the wrong spot.

"Little kids and cordless drills and boats don't mix."

I agree with MO if only 1 good sonor then BOW. Now if you could only have 1 period, i'd have to vote for the Console, as i've come close to running aground in our lakes down here with the water levels so low, and actually did run aground in my john boat in TX before I put a sonor on it.

This is just my opinion, but I would suggest having better definition at the console because this is where you are driving and scoping. If you pass over fish and do your reading of water, fish, structure or whatever now is when you want to be sure you are seeing something more clearly and with better definition. Than start dropping some marker bouyes. Up on the deck I use it primarly for depth. I casting at structure and fan cast. I guess what I'm trying to say is my trolling motor mount is used for the most part as a depth finder and when I looking for schooled or structure fish I'm more apt to put them on and mark them from the console.

X15MT by far is the best locator on the market.... and as far as drilling holes in glass or aluminum... do it every day so doesn't bother me anymore LOL

Something to consider.......

Think about YOUR preferred style of fishing....... When you're on the bow, are you jigging and fishing depths? Or, are you usually casting to structures and points well outside the scope of your fishfinder.

me!

Latest posts

Back