Pre-Wired Fish Finder Leads

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BassPro

Reaction score
I bought a 2003 Tracker PT175 that I wish to install a new fish finder on the bow. I pulled the pre-wired bow lead up and checked for power, but it has none. The wire colors are black and purple w/red stripe. I attempted to trace the wires back to the console and found a lead set with same colors and attached to the fuse block with a 3amp fuse. I then tested for power on the bow, but it wasn't there. I also checked for continuity and it failed. So I'm assuming that is not the right leads at the console. There are no other leads with the matching colors at the console or in the gas tank area. I'm pretty much frustrated with not being able to find the right leads for power. Anyone else have an idea where the lead should be coming to around the console?

I know I could run wires directly myself, but don't know how you would go about running the wires inside the gunnel.

BassPro,
Maybe this link will help.
700 LX wiring schematics

I also have a bow lead with no power. Look at 'Boat and Engine Wire Harness'. In the 'Bow Wiring' view, in the dashed circle, is a connector. The PUR/RED wire comes from the boat harness connector (PIN 15), which connects to the switch panel connector, but the switch panel connector doesn't connect to anything. To get power to the bow, I can run the wire to the master power switch. Connect to T2 for power always on, or T3 for power controlled by the switch.

BassPro,
Maybe this link will help.
700 LX wiring schematics

I also have a bow lead with no power. Look at 'Boat and Engine Wire Harness'. In the 'Bow Wiring' view, in the dashed circle, is a connector. The PUR/RED wire comes from the boat harness connector (PIN 15), which connects to the switch panel connector, but the switch panel connector doesn't connect to anything. To get power to the bow, I can run the wire to the master power switch. Connect to T2 for power always on, or T3 for power controlled by the switch.
Thanks cceguy. I'll look at that solution.

Latest posts

Back