Another (and probably dumb) question about trailer bunks

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Hofman

Reaction score
I located a couple of free pieces of cedar lumber (two by six, by ten feet) that I could use for trailer bunks instead of buying new wood.

Never having done this before, and hearing Greg's warning about using pressure-treated lumber for bunks holding an aluminum boat, what would the risks be in using this cedar rather than buying regular pine lumber? I would still plan to seal it with waterproofing.

BTW, I meant THIS (my) question may be dumb; not any other question about bunks is/was dumb. Those were all brilliant questions that got me thinking.

IMHO,..Cedar is waaayy to nice to use for bunks!!!..put them in your wife's side of her closet!!! just use cheap pine for bumks!!

From what I have heard, Cedar is very durable, it withstands saltwater the best, if you where ever in the bay and you seen what looks like limbs of trees guiding you down the channel, odds are they were cedar, this is just what heard.

CHRIS CAS

How can FREE cedar be way too expensive for anything?

About three boats ago I used cedar on my Bass CAther Pro's trailer. Never needed to change the boards again. Recarpet yes new wood. No.

fatrap

About three boats ago I used cedar on my Bass CAther Pro's trailer. Never needed to change the boards again. Recarpet yes new wood. No.

fatrap

Latest posts

Back