Aluminum care

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCOTT GARDNER

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how and what they clean and polish thier alumimun boat with.I have use the 3M aluminum polish but want more shine.I am not doing the bottom of the boat just the side and top rail.How do u get all the marks out ot the top rail.Was told at the time i bought it it was just marks from the wrap that it was shipped in and all of them where like that but it will not come off.I think it was just anouther lie but not going to go there again.You guys do not like it when i do it so just help if u can in cleaning it up.I have a 2002 PRO TEAM 175 with the 40 hp.When u wax the motor do you guys wax over the decals or just go around them? How do u clean the carpet on the deck ?

go to a truckstop and see the selection of aluminum care products they have.we used to use a stuff called flitz,it went on blue,but when you rubbed it,it turned black,then rub it off nad it shined like new.it also left a protective film on the aluminum to protect it.it worked on my tx-17 so well,before i traded it,i polished it with it,the dealer sold it that day,the guy was there when we brought it up to get a price on a trade with it,he asked if we were trading it,when i said yes,he went to the salesman and told him he wanted the boat.

there is a few other types of polishes out there,you can wash it with aluminum wash if it is badly oxidized,saves you some work,a power buffer works good also for removing the polish to.

Scott, I just found a product that worked great putting a nice shine on my side rails,its called "mothers aluminum shine" stuff goes on white and is pure black by the time your done rubbing,its the best ive found so far,it was $2.00 at wallmart for a little tub. I waxed my motor around the decals,no real reason i did,i just like coloring inside the lines lol, Hurry up spring!!!

Bobby

On the painted metal parts...Enamel...I use a three step Maguires car finish each Spring..it is a pain...you do everything three time...BUT, it really looks good...then I use the 3M Marine Finish over that and wipe down with the 3M spray each time it come out opf the water...I done that in the rain...the boat stays sharp...The bare metal I have tried Fliotz and it works...then follow up with the 3M product and it too stays sharp and shiny...But, I am a little anal about my boats and my truck...My dad told me to keep my boat looking sharp...That way...you come in you have fish...you look good...you don't have fish...you still look good...just not too successful :-0...but if you have a sloppy rig...think how you look when you come in and you don't have fish....you look bad...see so it is important

I better try that Fliotz then right away.But it is hard to look good with boat hair.

See Scott I even have the boat hair thing worked out...I have no hair of any kind.... :)

Since you're as bald as a Q-ball Greg,...I'd go with that 4 blade trophy we talked about in the last post!!..you'll have all the lift and grab you'll need for the full load and big water,...and any loss in speed will be made up by the lack of "drag" from your hair!!! You're golden dude!!!

LOL :O)

OOOPS!!!! That wasn't you Greg!!..It was Kenny!! hahahah!!! Sorry dude,...you owe me a MAJOR Doggin' for that!! ...Hey Kenny,...are you Bald??? If not,..shave your head! HA!! ;O)

Mac

Although I have not tried it, check out www.sharkhide.com. I have used an acid based cleaner like you will see, but wonder how sharkhide protectant would work on a Cleaned and polished aluminum boat
http://www.sharkhide.com

I got the cure for the hair thing - now I gotta get me a new boat!

Scott G - I want to apologize for jumping on you a few days ago....... The members of this board will tell you that I am usually one of the first to speak out about consumer issues - in favor of the consumer. I was just a bit riled by several posts that day....... Again, I apologize.

me!

I use Mcguiers auto polish for the painted surfaces and 3M aluminum polish for the raw metal surfaces. I use the car wax on the trailer too. I use automotive carpet cleaner on the carpet and armor-all on the seats and dash and any other plastic or vinyl surface. This keeps mine looking sharp.

Mike

Scottg,

Go with the Flitz, but to get the marks out first, use Tidy Bowl on it then the Flitz for the shine.

Latest posts

Back