Almost sunk my 2004 Nitro185 F&S

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony banks

Reaction score
Hey guys, Hit the lake last week in my 2004 Nitro 185 F&S and after about 30 minutes, I noticed my boat listing to one side. I opened the ski hold and it was full of water. Checked the batteries and they were 1/2 way under water so I made for the ramp. Thanks goodness my bilge pump ran. Got to the ramp and was able to get the boat out of the water. I remembered putting the bilge drain plug in, so I couldn't understand what had happened? Once I got the boat out of the water, the inlet screen for the front livewell was pouring out water. Obviously, this is where the water got in the hull. The water enters thru the screen and goes into a rule pump. I believe this is used to aerate the front live well. So i pulled the pump assembly, but found no cracks or damage to the aerator pump assembly. So not sure how the water is getting into the bilge of the boat. I don't use the front livewell, anyway... so I bought a drain plug to block off the screen inlet. I believe there is also a drain for that livewell. The front live-well always holds water in it, anytime the boat is in the water. I want to seal off this livewell so i can use it for dry storage. So my issue is, water drained out of the bilge thru the front aerator pump. Is was not running and it was all connected and i found No damage to the hose ot fittings. How do i stop this from happening again? Is there a kit or part I can use to block the drain tube for the front livewell? I believe each livewell has a tube that runs to the aerator pump and a separate drain line that runs from the livewell and back thru the transom
Thanks guys!

Latest posts

Back