all cleaned-up

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg J.

Reaction score
got it finished today after work.
Boat%2010-05%20002.jpg

:)

Having pic quality issues since my old computer died and the image program I used went with it.

Boat%2010-05%20004.jpg

Cool it looks awesome!!!1

I washed my boat today to....it did me good considering i covered it 30 minutes later because of storms movoing through

BJ

If my boat was that clean, I would never put it in the water again.:rolleyes:

Harpo

Sharkhide it this winter and you'll really be the envy of the neighborhood:cool:

Thanks guys :) .

TEE, I still have some dull areas below the waterline. What would I use to get that cleaned-up (not looking as dark) before I Sharkhide it? A nylon scrub pad (Scotchbrite) maybe?

If you want to do it right...you can use scotch brite to remove the water line but, it will ultimitely have to be polished before the hide is applied...hey that rhymes:lol:

Seriuosly...the hide will magnify any dull areas or imperfections, Besides once it's polished..you'll never have to repolish it again since the hide protects it. Mine has been on for 4 years and it still looks as good as this...actually better since I "blacked out" the BA is Bass Tracker and made it the SS Tracker.

I'll try and get some new pic's this weekend and let ya' take a peek:D

And I added the newer hub covers that's not seen in this pic...

boat.jpg

WOW I don't think my Tracker looked that clean when I bought it!!!

Great job!

I used ArmorAll Concentrated auto wash, rinsed well, wiped-down the painted/decaled areas with a microfiber cloth (a 5 bundle from WalMart is about $5 as I recall). Waxed (2 coats) with Meguiar's Gold car wax. Remove wax with a clean microfiber cloth. :)

I have a red pro team 175 I want o spiff up that nice...What is Sharkhide,what does it do and where do you get it and how much?I have a water line on the side of my pt and have been wanting to get it off the least intrusive way.

Rtlo Fishing,

The dark waterline is what I need to get rid of also.

I went to the Sharkhide site and I recall it being around $30 something a quart, but if it'll last as long as it has on TEE's rig it's seems worth the price. I'm just trying to figure out how to hold the boat up and apply the stuff where the bunks sit :wacko: :)

WW,

I don't think you want to put anything on the alum where the bunks sit, that would be part of the "Pad" of the hull and from what I understand any change to the alum on the pad would cause more viscosity and alter the performance of the boat. Same concept as not waxing a glass boat on the pad of the hull.

CJL

CJL,

That was my attempt at humor when I added that part (doing the section under the bunks) to my post ;) , but wouldn't a smoother surface decrease the "friction/drag" on the planing surface?

TEE, did you do the Sharkhide on all exposed parts of the hull (sides, bottom)?

Opps My Bad WW I didn't realize it was a joke, I have been known to not know a joke. LOL @ myself.

Anyway, I think a smoother surface causes more friction on the pad in the water, just like a slight chop will increase your WOT speed vs. a complete smooth water surface.

I use softscrub works great..

just went to sharkhides website and was digging around in the pictures

Check it out

http://sharkhidemarinesales.com/?page=pictures&view=17

Back