AHHHHHHH!!! So Much For Fall....

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travis Smith

Reaction score
So Fall went right out the window last night...Im up at Ferris State in Michigan and we got snowed upon last night...it was only an inch but we are supposed to have 7 on the ground by tommrow morning.

Ya'll think thats bad though, my buddy is going to Michigan Tech in the UP and he said the are supposed to get 2 feet, thats right, FEET. What ever happend to FALL?

Oh well, after a small tear about fish I guess I will just have to get the Snowmobile out...

Travis

Travis - You know the answer from us Southern Rednecks, Come on DOWN!!

It's gonna be winter here too on Sat AM its supposed to hit 39! Need to try out my FishHedz and make sure Dan and I have lots of coffee, and find my fingertip gloves!!

We were still having 90 degres temps and one town out in the Panhandle hit 100 just a week or so ago. Today is in the 50's .... first time I've had a chance to wear a new windbreaker I bought.

Harpo

Travis,...I'm a FSU alumni,....met my wife there too!! We both graduated in '81. The head coach of the Football team is a good personal friend of mine and former Frat brother!! I loved my days at Ferris,...lived in Masselink Hall my fresman year, then over to McNerney and then off campus. I was just up there a month ago for a Fraternity Alumni Golf Outing and man has that campus changed in the past 25 years!! LOL. We had a blast though...and I deffinitely remember some early snow falls and harsh winters!! One year we had atleast 1-2" of snow EVERY DAY for a month.....3 feet on the ground all winter and remnants of snow piles in the parking lots in May!! BUT,..I also remember tubing down the Muskegon in April & May when it got into the 80's!! AHHhhhhhh Michigan....:wub:

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Mac

I was stationed in North Dakota in the late 70's and you talk about cold. Being from Cajun country, this coon **s froze his a** off while I was up there. When the people down here talk about being cold, I just laugh.

Barry:D

Mac,

Im right next to McNerney in Merrill hall so I know right where you are talking about. Its snowing like a sun of a gun right now and I just checked the radar and it shows no sign of stopping till morning so it looks like I will be sitting in a treestand with snow on the ground during the third week of season...thats most defiantly a first.

If you get up here again any time soon let me know and we will have lunch or something at Bennigans or Ruby Tuesdays.

Travis

Travis,...no problem man,....would love to meet you and hang out in Big Rapids for awhile. The next time we go up to my in-laws, (up by Frankfort) I'll go up 131 and stop in for lunch or dinner. I'll give you a shout. I'll be busy traveling for BPS this fall, so it probably won't be until after the Holidays,......may have to come up for a mid-winter romp!! Take care,...keep in touch!

Mac:D

Sounds like a plan...Ill be looking forward to it.

By the way...I can never remember the last time it has snowed on homecoming...its kind of festive with the big bon fire we had on campus tonight...kinda made me feel good about being up here too...Just a random though...

Travis

Travis I am also an Alumni. I graduated in 85 so that makes me a little younger (general terms) than Mac. I also played on the football team and ran track. It does get cold but that is Michigan. My son is being recruited by rival Grand Valley but doesn't think he will go there. I asked about Ferris and he said, No way, too cold!" That was it!

I will be in a tournament on White Lake next weekend, hope the snow goes away by then! I also am up there quite often as we have a plant in Hart.

Randy!;)

Randy,..My oldest daughter is a Soph. at GVSU.....trust me...it gets COLD there too!! LOL

I auctually live about 5 miles away from GVSU...LOL...why Im up at Ferris is a good question. LOL. Down in "the Valley" the snow does tend to fall hard when winter hits. It is like a whole different city from Grand Rapids in the winter time when they get 4" of snow we get almost a foot. LOL.

Randy, How was the wind on White this weekend? I know Saturday was a bit windy and blustery. How did you do?

Travis

Back