Aerator Pump

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bass Tracker

Reaction score
HI, I have a 2001 Bass Tracker Pro Team 175XT, I need to replace the aerator Pump due to a broken pipe, How does this come off? it seems to be on a "flat bracket" and also seems to be 2-peice's one black piece on bottom and one of the atwood red,wht,bL) on top. I cant really get my hands in there to much but i can atleast grab it, I just dont know how it comes out, let alone were the hoses are going to go on the new one? any help is greatly appreciated. PS. I did try "twisting" it off, but did not work? maybe wrong way (i did both)? Thanks again

BE VERY CAREFUL BACK THERE!:eek:

You will slice your hand if not careful...sharp corners everywhere!

Just remove the two clamps and you will have to twist it a little to get it off .

Here's what I did:

I had to remove my pump twice because it was clogged with gravel...after the second time this happened I went to the Rule website and purchased the snap in cartridge type that now makes it a breeze to clean without removing the pump.

There's just no room back there and didn't want to chance cutting myself up everytime I needed to remove the pump:angry:

Ok will try. I keep reading these RULE products are the next best thing, so maybe a future thought. Thank you very much for your time. I will give it a shot soon.

I have a 2003 and I have had to replace mine twice. Be prepared for a scraped knuckle or two. You have to remove the screw or bolt holding the metal bracket to the support. Then you loosen both hose clamps for the inlet/outlet. Pull off both hoses by rotating back/forth while pulling outward. Finally, the black base on mine is actually the drain/fill valve and there is a cable that must be dis-connected. There is a small screw clamp that holds it in position on the body that has to be removed to dis-connect the cable. Be careful not to drop the nut/screw or it is gone to the bowels of the hull. It is a double bend hook style cable end so you have to manipulate it just right and it will come off. Now you can pull out the pump/black valve housing/metal bracket assembly. You can dis-assemble this unit on your bench and replace with new pump housing. Make sure that all of the parts are orientated the same way after re-assembly or it will not go back in. finally you re-install in reverse. CAUTION: when you tighten the hose clamps on the in/out tubes to pump DO NOT over tighten or you will be doing this all over again becaue you have cracked the pump housing. Unfortunately ,this is why I had to do mine twice.

Like I said...elimanate ALL of that by a snap in cartridge.

If interested...e-mail me and I'll get you a part #

I have the Rule snap in pump version, but that doesn'thelp when the cheap/thin housing breaks.

Back