Adding third battery on NX750

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dean P

Reaction score
Has anyone added the third battery on a 750 or like model, I took a look this morning and was trying to figure out how to fit it in there.

See if a Double Battery tray will fit, if yes you will save a couple inches, which is a pretty big deal when trying to squeeze batts in a boat

Dean - My 700lx came with 4 battery trays mounted, even though only 2 are used (i have a 12vlt t motor and a cranking battery). What year is your NX750 and does it already have the 2 extra trays?

Trep i bet Rich added those extra trays in the boat.It most likley only had two when it was new.

Dean, on my 882 the thris battery is mounted in between the two braces for the transom. Thats where is was from the factory.

Dean, my boat is shrinkwrapped right now but I have a 750. The original configuration had one cranking battery and two trolling batteries. I replaced the original trolling batteries with gel batteries and had to remove the trays and reposition them. The trolling batteries fit snugly in right next to the gas tank on the passsenger side.

I added another cranking battery on the other side by taking the original battery tray out and the charger out; filling the holes with marine silicon and repositioning them so another tray would fit. I can take a picture of this when I pull the shrinkwrap off in another two months - let me know if you want me to do this.

I'm not sure if this was the right thing to do but it worked for me. If you do drill, make sure you predrill and don't drill too deep and use 3/8 stainless steel or marine grade screws - put a generous supply of marine silicon in the pre-drilled holes before screwing in the trays and charger.

Bill, The Mad Kayaker

Back